Providing Excellent Care You Deserve
Breastfeeding is one of the best ways to bond with your newborn and the health advantages of the same have been reiterated globally. WHO and UNICEF recommend that it should be initiated within the first hour of birth. It is also recommended that baby’s should be exclusively breastfed for the first six months of life to ensure the child’s health.
Though breastfeeding comes naturally to most but it can be tricky for some new mothers. They feel unsure about what it’s going to be like and misconceptions or lack of knowledge can force them to question their ability to feed. Mothers usually get a brief about the process at the hospital right after the birth of their baby but the instructions may not be enough as they can face challenges such as latching, low milk production, sore nipples, painful nursing once they return home with their newborn.
To overcome these challenges you can make use of the breastfeeding support service provided by our team of experts at Maika. We provide complete support for all new mothers through multi-disciplinary approach involving our network of home nurses in Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah & Fujairah.
The primary aim of our lactation consultants is to make breastfeeding a pleasant experience for you and your baby that too within the comfort of your home. Your search to find the best home nurse in UAE for feeding support can end at Maika. Our home care nurse can help you chalk out a specific breastfeeding diet and fill you in with breastfeeding tips that can make you more confident during this journey.
Why Is Breastfeeding Important?
Breastfeeding gives the healthy start your baby deserves and is also beneficial for moms. The skin to skin contact not only makes your baby feel warm and safe but can also boost your level of oxytocin, a hormone that helps breast milk to flow. Breast milk is beneficial for the baby in numerous ways. Some of the major benefits include:
Scope of Our Breastfeeding Support Services & How It Helps Mothers
Our home nurses in Emirates of Sharjah, Dubai, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah, can help you in various ways if you choose to seek our breastfeeding support services. We cater to the individual needs of mothers by:
- Ensuring that your little one is well latched is crucial if you want to get your breastfeeding journey off to a good start. If the baby isn’t latching well, our lactation consultant will be able to help you find a better way to position the baby.
Our home care nurse can help you find a comfortable nursing position which is crucial. The right position can help in preventing sore and cracked nipples, which is a common cause of concern in mothers.
- One of the main concerns that the mother’s face is if their baby is getting enough milk. Our team of professionals who have received extensive training in breastfeeding support can help in ensuring that your little one is getting the required nutrition by helping you keep a track of the number of feeds taken by your baby, baby’s weight etc.
- Our home nurses in UAE can help you return to work while helping you take care of your breastfeeding journey. They are familiar with equipment such as breast pumps and can educate you about how to use manual or electric pumps if required. They can also assist you with the safe storage of the expressed breast milk.
- Low milk supply can become a major impediment while you are breastfeeding. Our lactation consultant can help you out by imparting knowledge about breastfeeding diet that would help new mothers to build up their milk supply. Usually the diet requires you to intake 500 calories over your normal calorie intake.
- Our home care professional can educate new mothers on how to avoid conditions such as mastitis by teaching them the correct technique of hand expressing.
- Our nurses can also pitch in by making sure that you get ample rest and quality sleep that is crucial for producing milk.
- Helping with spitting up: It’s common for babies to spit up during or after the feed.
- Help identify symptoms of breast infection: As a new mother you can experience breast infection with symptoms including painful lumps, redness in the breast and fever which can require immediate medical attention.
Breastfeeding takes patience and practice. Getting expert help for breastfeeding support can steer you back on a happy parenting journey and our trained experts can assist you on this beautiful journey by providing you the best breastfeeding tips that can make you feel more confident while you feed your baby. If you have any queries feel free to contact us.
If you are looking for home nurses in UAE for breastfeeding support service you can get in touch with us. We can provide you with the best assistance after taking your requirements into consideration. We will be assessing both mother and the baby and provide complete assistance in any kind of problems associated with breastfeeding. You can also opt for advance bookings which we highly recommend.
Get the right care for your child
Your baby’s health will be carefully monitored by our home care nurse
Our professionals will take care of them while ensuring complete safety and security
Our child care providers are available in 12 to 24 hours shifts to help out busy parents
Part time nannies
we provide nannies who are equipped with essential skills and knowledge to take good care of your child.
Our maternity nurses ensure to provide you the best birthing plan as well as give the best afterbirth care.
With the assistance of our nurses and lactation consultants we provide the needed support
Postnatal Home Visits
Our home care nurses do their bit in taking away all the worries and workload away from mothers and ensure best
Post Cesarean Care
We assign a well-trained and qualified home nurse to help quick recovery of the mother and also nurture the infant